07 September 2006

Chirp, Chirp

This morning as we were trying to accomplish getting our school work completed, we kept hearing the chirp of a cricket.  I had the window open in the family room, so I assumed it was outside, but Lukas repeatedly insisted that the cricket was on the other side of the room.  After about 45 minutes of him insisting that the cricket was inside the house and that it was annoying him, I finally agreed with him.  After I agreed that the cricket was indeed in the family room, he never mentioned it again.  I guess it wasn't annoying him as much as I was. 

I was reflecting on the situation with the cricket and Lukas when God redirected my thoughts.  The cricket spends its time calling over and over again hoping that a mate will find him.  It's very much the same way with God.  He spends our lives calling out to us in the little things and in the big things.  He's just waiting for each of us to find Him and answer His call. 

It's so comforting to know that I am married to a wonderful Christian man who has answered God's call, and my precious little boy has answered Him as well.  How sweet it is to know that we'll all be together for eternity.  I am truly a blessed woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment