27 April 2010

Honey Mustard Vinaigrette

This recipe is so easy, inexpensive and delicious that, if you try it, you may find yourself wondering why you spend so much for processed salad dressings. I've been making this for a few years now, and it is my favorite salad dressing. Sometimes, I switch it up with different herbs, but this is my favorite way to make it.

Honey Mustard Vinaigrette

1/4 C apple cider vinegar
1/4 C extra virgin olive oil
1 t mustard (yellow or dijon both work well)
1-2  t honey (this depends on your personal taste)
1/4 t sea salt

Whisk all ingredients together or pour them into a carafe with a lid and shake. On a dinner salad, I use 2 T of this dressing. On a side salad, I use 1 T or less. If you're wanting a lower fat dressing, you can make it with slightly less oil and more vinegar. I've actually been doing so, and it still tastes great! Even if you don't, here is the nutritional breakdown for a 2 T serving of this delicious recipe:

Calories: 85
Fat: 9
Carbohydrates: 1.6

Other ideas: Replace the mustard with lemon or orange juice and use lemon flax oil for half of the EVOO. You can also replace the mustard with your favorite herbs. I've made this using garlic and dill, and it is also good.

Let me know if you try this, or if you create your own version using this as a basis!

No comments:

Post a Comment