03 May 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook #42

Outside my window...it's a perfect spring day!!!

I am thinking...  that I need to relax, be more patient and make better choices with my kids sometimes.

I am thankful for... yesterday. It was exactly the kind of day our family needed, a day of rest!
 
I am wearing... jeans shorts and an aqua cotton top.

I am remembering... summer break and how nice it is to not have as much on the calendar.

I am creating... a healthy recipe for tonight's dinner.

I am going... to teach the same math lesson every day until Lukas gets it, and I am going to skip the current unit in Ava's math book and go onto subtraction. Why? Because. I. Can.

I am reading... .Grandfather's Journey by Allen Say. So many teaching moments in this beautifully illustrated book.

I am hoping...  to not have a headache tomorrow.

On my mind... math suddenly becoming challenging this late in the school year.

From the learning rooms...  double digit multiplication with place value notation, subtraction, Japan and oceans.

Noticing that... lack of teaching motivation combined with a headache creates one cranky mama. OR...is it that the headache that created a lack of teaching motivation which resulted in one cranky mama???

From the kitchen... chicken fajitas in whole wheat tortillas, freshly made guacamole and dishes of sweet pineapple (love it when pineapple goes on sale!).
 
Around the house... things were clean yesterday.

One of my favorite things... sunshiny days when we can do some schooling outdoors.

Praying for...continued healing of my back and the ability to exercise more as it improves (still), my current headache to go away, and, since these things are small in retrospect, all of the people whose lives have been uprooted by the devastating flooding in Tennessee.

A Lyric or two... 


I always find it interesting when you can see the original composer of a song perform their masterpiece. The video link below is of the author of this beautiful spiritual song performing it when he was in his 80s back in the 1980s.

Precious Lord, take my hand,
Lead me on, let me stand.
I am tired, I am weak, I am worn.
Through the storm, through the night, 
Lead me on, to the light,
Take my hand, precious Lord, lead me home!





A verse to share... For He has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins. Colossians 1:13-14


A few plans for the week... hanging out with a friend and her kids, going to the Y to swim a few times, a photo shoot, working at the sub sale at church and celebrating Mother's Day with our moms (better work on those plans!).

A picture thought...

Our very colorful volcanic eruption

For more info or to get involved by writing your own Simple Woman's Daybook, CLICK HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment