17 August 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook #5


Outside my window...the cicadas are singing very loud songs.

I am thinking...that parents should never put their children in harm's way.

I am thankful for... a Godly husband who is an honest, faithful man with integrity who serves the Lord and his family with his whole heart.
 
I am wearing... a brown cotton top and jean shorts.
 
I am remembering... that God does not want me to be anxious, terrified or discouraged.

I am creating... summer memories.

I am going... to wait upon the Lord.

I am reading... .the September issue of Everyday with Rachael Ray and curriculum and perusing a little of The Well-Trained Mind.
 
I am hoping... for the truth to be made clear in all things.
 
On my mind... unmentionable stress.

From the learning rooms...  prep, prep, prep!

Noticing that... oil and water don't mix and neither should business and family.
 
From the kitchen... Mexican chicken with Spanish rice and I finally have enough tomatoes to make a batch of pasta sauce this week.

Around the house... a tornado has visited. Your house too? Please, someone say yes. Heehee!

One of my favorite things... spending time with Eric and the kids. It doesn't matter what we're doing as long as we're together.
 
Praying for... unmentionable requests, stress relief, and for truth to prevail.

A Lyric or two...



I know I posted this once recently, but it's kind of my theme song right now. Also, if you're reading this on FB, click over to the original post so you can see the youtube link.


Do you wonder why you have to,
feel the things that hurt you,
if there's a God who loves you,
where is He now?

Maybe, there are things you can't see
and all those things are happening
to bring a better ending
some day, some how, you'll see, you'll see

Chorus:
Would dare you, would you dare, to believe,
that you still have a reason to sing,
'cause the pain you've been feeling,
can't compare to the joy that's coming

so hold on, you got to wait for the light
press on, just fight the good fight
because the pain you've been feeling,
it's just the dark before the morning





A verse to share...Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go. Joshua 1:9


A few plans for the week... Dinner meeting at church tomorrow, Bible quizzing, and spending time with great friends this weekend.

A picture thought...




Click on the link to go vote for my photo in the Rachael Ray birthday photo contest!

No comments:

Post a Comment