02 August 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook #55

 
Outside my window...it is going to be hot!

I am thinking...  about today's to do list and this week's schedule.

I am thankful for... free family fun.
 
I am wearing... yellow pajamas.
 
I am remembering... easier times.

I am creating... plans to create plans. Heehee! School planning is in my head.

I am going... to finish the laundry (I hope), get a few groceries and straighten up a little.

I am reading... .Everyday with Rachael Ray. I got a one year subscription for less than $5, and I got my first issue the other day!
 
I am hoping... very little. My hope is wavering today even though I know the Lord has a plan. It's there, but it's just not very big today. Still, I know the Lord will carry me through.
 
On my mind... paying bills.

From the learning rooms...  summer reading wrap up and planning for the coming school year.

Noticing that... 252 Basics was perfectly planned for our family and what they need to be studying in the Word this week.
 
From the kitchen... BBQ ribs on the grill with zucchini orzo tonight. It's a new recipe from sparkpeople.com. I've never made orzo before.

Around the house... weeding, mowing, transplanting and harvesting.

One of my favorite things... summer family time traveling or seeing local sites.
 
Praying for... a dear friend who has an impossible decision to make this week.

A Lyric or two...


Hold me close,
Let your love surround me,
Bring me near,
Draw me to your side.
As I wait, I'll rise up like the eagle,
And I will soar with you,
Your spirit leads me on,
By the power of your love.










A verse to share...Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it. Proverbs 22:6


A few plans for the week... hanging out with different girlfriends and their kids a couple times this week, VBS for the kids at our neighbor's church, Splash Blast at our church on Wednesday, a curriculum sale and actually looking at our curriculum for this year's school.

A picture thought...
 
 The 3rd Annual Celebration of Ava's Salvation
 
For more information about giving this a try, CLICK HERE
 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment