09 August 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook #56


Outside my window...the sun is shining, it is extremely hot, and I can hear a lawn mower.

I am thinking...  about the people God has used to bless me this week and the ways in which He answers prayers and provides for us in unexpected ways through amazing people.

I am thankful for... all the blessed time I've had with my family recently, special friend who are willing to go the extra mile to help when they can, the month of August, which is always a slower-paced month for us, and a recent renewing of my calling as a wife, mother and homemaker.
 
I am wearing... jean shorts and a blue tank.
 
I am remembering... last week's stress and how it overwhelmed me.

I am creating... school plans, or at least, the skeleton of school plans. No actual planning has taken place yet.

I am going... Pennsylvania with my Dad some time next week...briefly

I am reading... .Above Rubies. A friend passed this exceptionally encouraging magazine onto me, and I am so grateful that she did!
 
I am hoping... that the Lord will continue to renew my strength.
 
On my mind... the upcoming school year and a good job for Eric.

From the learning rooms...  preparation and summer reading.

Noticing that... I'm finally starting to feel ready to start working toward beginning another school year.
 
From the kitchen... beans and corn bread tonight. Simple, inexpensive and full of fiber. Yesterday, we had Garden Quinoa and BBQ chicken with honeydew melon on the side.

Around the house... I find myself wondering why my children think they should not have to clean unless we are having company.

One of my favorite things... going to the drive-in theater in the summer.
 
Praying for... one of my closest, sweetest friends and for a job for Eric.

A Lyric or two...


Verse 1:
This is my prayer in the desert
And all that's within me feels dry
This is my prayer in the hunger in me
My God is a God who provides

Verse 2:
And this is my prayer in the fire
In weakness or trial or pain
There is a faith proved
Of more worth than gold
So refine me Lord through the flames

Chorus:
And I will bring praise
I will bring praise
No weapon forged against me shall remain

I will rejoice
I will declare
God is my victory and He is here

Verse 3:
And this is my prayer in the battle
And triumph is still on it's way
I am a conqueror and co-heir with Christ
So firm on His promise I'll stand

Bridge:
All of my life
In every season
You are still God
I have a reason to sing
I have a reason to worship

Verse 4:
This is my prayer in the harvest
When favor and providence flow
I know I'm filled to be emptied again
The seed I've received I will sow




A verse to share..."But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions-it is by grace you have been saved." Ephesians 2:4-5


A few plans for the week... spending tomorrow with my kids and three more blessings while their parents are away, Bible quizzing begins on Wednesday night, and this weekend we're all helping with ACTS in Grove City at the Single Parent Fun Day.

A picture thought...
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment