26 October 2010

Ash Cave

This post is probably out of order. I need to blog about it so I have something to look back and read when I finally get around to scrapbooking about it. I am hopelessly behind, but I love scrapbooking, so I do my best and have fun. I'll have plenty of time to scrapbook during my grandma years (or so I hope).

So Ash Cave...WOW! I've seen pictures that others have posted of Old Man's Cave, and we fully intend to take that hike, but I wanted to do it with Lukas. He wasn't with us, so we ended up at the Ash Cave trail instead thinking that not as many people talked about it, so it must not be as big of a deal. WRONG! It was gorgeous! I felt slightly guilty that Lukas wasn't experiencing it with us, but I guess that will probably happen more and more often as the kids get older. 

The hike to the cave was actually super easy. It's mostly paved unless you decide to climb to the top (we did). If you aren't into hiking, you could still easily do this hike without the climb and enjoy the beauty of the cave. It's totally worth it! 

Ava really enjoyed exploring the cave. She loves being outdoors (just like her mama), and hiking and exploring the woods was a blast with her. She climbed and checked out every nook and cranny and even squeezed into a few places where no adult could. She loved being the center of attention for the day since her brother was spending the day with a friend at a birthday party. 

It was a glorious day. Perfect weather. My back didn't kill me. Yay! Good times. 

Here are a few pics for you to enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment