16 November 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook #69

Outside my window...rain is drenching everything including two bicycles which didn't get put away.

I am thinking...that growing up can be hard sometimes.
 
I am thankful for... a GREAT reading lesson today.
 
I am wearing...brown yoga pants and a tan t-shirt.
 
I am remembering... the moment when Eric first kissed me, and I knew he adored me more than anyone.

I am creating...a Christmas gift for someone I love.

I am going... to succeed.

I am reading... The Poisonwood Bible, but I've barely started it.
 
I am hoping... for answered prayers.
 
On my mind... helping my child choose wisely and mature appropriately while preserving her precious spirit.

From the learning rooms...  Abraham and Isaac, air and water, reviewing basic vowel combinations, solving for the unknown, division facts and Warm as Wool.

Noticing that... the Lord is walking with me through each day, each moment.
 
From the kitchen... lasagna, salad, homemade lemon poppyseed vinaigrette, freshly baked parmesan herb bread and German Chocolate cake with homemade coconut pecan frosting(I ate lightly all day because of this fantastic meal awaiting me, and I'm proud to say that I stayed just below my calorie goal for the day).

Around the house...dusting, vacuuming, mopping, de-cluttering, cooking and bedroom straightening.

One of my favorite things... perfectly timed hugs.
 
Praying for... leadership and security.

A verse to share..."I will repay you for the years the locusts have eaten-- the great locust and the young locust, the other locusts and the locust swarm-- my great army that I sent among you." Joel 2:25
 
Pondering these words...You’ll never regret the taste of achievement over the taste of a food that will only compromise and slow your fat-burning and muscle-building results.
 
A lyric or two... 

Lead me with strong hands,
Stand up when I can't,
Don't leave me hungry for love,
Chasing dreams, what about us?

Show me you're willing to fight,
That I'm still the love of your life.
I know we call this our home,
But I still feel alone.

 

A few plans for the week... spending time with great friends this evening, rehearsals, and four whole days of NOTHING on the calendar (but plenty to do). It's the calm before the storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment