22 November 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook #70

Outside my window...we were blessed with gorgeous weather that allowed us to do some lessons outdoors this afternoon!

I am thinking...that I love snow, but this weather can stick around anyway.
 
I am thankful for... my husband who prayed with me over the phone from work this afternoon.
 
I am wearing...brown yoga pants and a green shirt.
 
I am remembering... playing Super Mario Brothers in Aunt Bonnie's bedroom on Thanksgiving each year.

I am creating...a packing list.

I am going... to have an amazing Thanksgiving.

I am reading... The Poisonwood Bible, I think. The verdict is out.
 
I am hoping... for safe and peaceful travels for all those traveling this week to be with family for the holiday.
 
On my mind... spending time with extended family.

From the learning rooms...  Jacob's trip to Haran, 9 facts for Ava (addition) and 3 and 5 facts for Lukas (division), Thanksgiving crafts and a fun writing assignment.

Noticing that... Ava is enjoying the Narnia series much more than I expected.
 
From the kitchen... it was throw-together-a-healthy-meal-from-whatever-you-find night because I didn't feel like cooking the more complex meal I had planned. We had pasta topped with a little EVOO, turkey Italian sausage, peppers, onion and parm with dishes of homemade applesauce on the side.

Around the house...laundry is getting done until my washer gives out completely. Then? We may just be dirty.

One of my favorite things... sharing favorite children's literature with my kids.
 
Praying for... leadership and security. Still.

A verse to share..."Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ." Romans 5:1
 
 
A lyric or two... 
How long must i pray,
Must i pray to you?
How long must i wait,
Must i wait for you?
How long til i see your face,
See you shining through?
I'm on my knees begging you to notice me.
I'm on my knees, Father will you turn to me?

One tear in the driving rain,
One voice in a sea of pain,
Could the maker of the stars,
Hear the sound of my breaking heart?
One life that's all I am.
Right now I can barely stand.
If you're everything you say you are,
Won't you come close and hold my heart?

 
A few plans for the week... a busy day of school, errand running,and laundry tomorrow and then spending Thanksgiving my parents and sister's family.

No comments:

Post a Comment