17 January 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook #76

Outside my window...there is glorious sunshine and blue sky!.

I am thinking...that some relationships are not the way we perceive them, and they will never be quite the way we desire no matter how hard we try.
 
I am thankful for... opportunities to spend time with Eric and the kids.
 
I am wearing...black yoga pants and a yellow top.
 
I am remembering... poverty and abundance.

I am creating...hair bows.

I am going... to keep pressing on to the end of this race.

I am reading... True Treasures, 10 Years of Teach Magazine (Review coming next week!).
 
I am hoping... to not have last night's very vivid dream EVER again.
 
On my mind... family relationships.

From the learning rooms...  colored pencil and charcoal drawings. Daniel's Duck, 6 facts (division), Passover and the Exodus.

Noticing that... some things aren't meant to be no matter how hard you try or how much you want it in your heart. Sometimes it takes two to make something work.
 
From the kitchen... tuna noodle casserole.

Around the house...I see Fancy Nancy, Kit Kittridge, Kimberly (who used to be mine), a teddy bear and lots of doll clothes spread about the living room on Ava's comforter.

One of my favorite things... celebrating birthdays.
 
Praying for... my mom's oncologist appointment this Friday (please pray with us, friends), family relationships and provision.

A verse to share... "Beloved, I urge you as sojourners and exiles to abstain from the passions of the flesh, which wage war against your soul." I Peter 2:11
 
A lyric or two...
I’m not the clothes I’m wearing
I’m not a photograph
I’m not the car I drive

I’m not the money I make
I’m not the things I lack
I’m not the songs that I write

I am … who I am
I am who I am

There are true things inside of me
I have been afraid to see
I believe, help my unbelief
Would you say again what you said to me
I am loved and I am free
I believe, help my unbelief

I’m not the house I live in
I’m not the man I love
I’m not the mistakes that I carry

I’m not the food that I don’t eat
I’m not what I’m above
I’m not my scars and my history

There are true things inside of me
I have been afraid to see
I believe, help my unbelief
Would you say again what you said to me
I am loved and I am free
I believe, help my unbelief

To your love I’m waking up
In your love I’m waking up

 
A picture thought...
Cousins

A few plans for this week... This is a pretty normal week that ends in a 7th birthday celebration for our girly girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment