07 February 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook #78

Outside my window...BEAUTIFUL snowflakes are falling.

I am thinking....that digging into the Sonlight reading list may be a good fit for Ava for a while.
 
I am thankful for... my church. Every time I turn around, I am once again amazed by something that happens in connection to my church family.
 
I am wearing...light wash jeans and a black tunic.
 
I am remembering...when my kids used to be much nicer to each other.

I am creating...a miniature replica of the tabernacle.

I am going... to be supportive.

I am reading...Prince Caspian.
 
I am hoping... for safe travels around the area this evening.
 
On my mind... my mom's surgery on Wednesday.

From the learning rooms... the universe, Paul Revere's Ride, Valentine's crafts, Bible verses and journals about love and ancient civilizations.

Noticing that... books and blankets are always strewn about my living and dining room. ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS.
 
From the kitchen... Pate Chinois (sounds fancy. It isn't).

Around the house...Still catching up on laundry. I have a mountain to fold.

One of my favorite things... watching it snow when I know I have nowhere to go (too bad that isn't the case today).
 
Praying for... my mom and her doctors.

A verse to share..."The steps of a man are established by the Lord, when He delights in his way; though he fall, he shall not be cast headlong, for the Lord upholds his hand." Psalm 37: 23-24

A few plans for this week... dance class, piano lesson, Mom's surgery, studying and studying and studying some more for Lukas' upcoming Bible quiz meet this weekend.

If you enjoy dwelling on the simple things in life and want to participate in this, CLICK HERE to read all about it and join us! Leave me a comment so I know to check out your blog to see your post!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kendra! I enjoyed reading your daybook! I used to do that on my blog, but for some reason I just stopped. I also enjoyed your blog! Thanks for stopping by mine!
    I will also pray for your mother and her doctors and for you while you all go through this difficult time. My father was diagnosed with prostrate cancer 2 years ago. They thought it was gone after treatment, but it came back just a couple months ago...we are hoping the hormone therapy and freezing will take care of it this time around.
    My house seems to be full of blankets, books and light sabers(star wars weapons!!) these days...I figure it gives my home a "lived-in" look!
    Have a great week!
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to chuckle when I read this because the view in my living room right now is also books and blankets.

    Thank you for your comment on my post today. I know that as moms, the ones we live in front of pretty much all the time are our children and your desire for them to see in you a good example is so right on! Thanks for sharing that.

    ReplyDelete