20 April 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook #86

Outside my window...it is dark and quiet and you cannot hear cars racing away on the interstate.

I am thinking...that I have no idea why I thought that all the stuff that took us almost 2 months to sort and pack would be unpacked and organized in one week.
 
I am thankful for... the opportunity to host Easter dinner in my new home (it's also motivating me to unpack and make everything spic-and-span).
 
I am wearing...gray running pants with a red and white stripe and an OSU t-shirt.
 
I am remembering...when I felt more in control.

I am creating...an organized home.

I am going... to make the first floor of this house aesthetically pleasing in time for our parents to be here for Easter without tripping over boxes (at least we plan for the downstairs to be free of boxes...That's aesthetic enough in our time frame).

I am reading...Eternal Encouragement magazine.
 
I am hoping... to enjoy beautiful moments of family worship during this holy week.
 
On my mind... figuring out how to get all the parts of my job accomplished while still making this house as clean and organized as I want on a timeline which I find acceptable. Yeah. I'm pretty much in need of a miracle.

From the learning rooms... King David before he was king, upside down multiplication, division, reading through a 1930s reader my Mom gave me for Ava, dance and piano practice and quotation marks.

Noticing that... I'm feeling extremely anxious the past few days.
 
From the kitchen... chili dogs and fries. I'm pretty sure it's maybe the 3rd time in our 13 years of marriage that I've made this meal.

Around the house...Boxes to unpack. Dirt to clean. Laundry that is super behind.

One of my favorite things... mother-daughter grocery shopping.
 
Praying for...the Holy Spirit to completely envelop my marriage and family.
A verse to share...The angel said to the women, "Do not be afraid, for I know that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. He is not here; he has risen, just as he said." Matthew 28:25-26

A few plans for this week... unpacking, organizing, cleaning, two or three family worship opportunities at a local church and my favorite day of the year. Resurrection Sunday!!!!!

If you enjoy dwelling on the simple things in life and want to participate in this, CLICK HERE to read all about it and join us! Leave me a comment so I know to check out your blog to see your post!

No comments:

Post a Comment