30 August 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook #99

Outside my window...I can hear cicadas, crickets and tree frogs. LOVE it! Also, there is a 1999 Ford Windstar for sale in my front yard. Anyone interested? ANYONE???? ;)

I am thinking...that this evening's family discussion about pop culture and its influence on us went very well
even if it didn't make everyone super happy.

I am thankful for...my husband's lead in making decisions for our family that will lead us toward Christ.

I am wearing...gray yoga pants and an OSU t-shirt.
 
I am remembering...when real life meant more and media meant less.

I am creating...lesson plans and new strategies. FUN!

I am going...to have another productive day tomorrow just like today (same level of productivity, different activities). 

I am reading...school books and web resources.

I am hoping...to feel ready for the first day of school.

On my mind...how to structure our school days better so that we learn the most important things and study the subjects that God desires for this school year.

From the learning rooms...
same as last week. Planning and vision therapy.

Noticing that...while I am experiencing loneliness that I didn't realize had been there for a long time, I am, at the same time, blessed with old friendships that can now grow deeper because of proximity. 

From the kitchen...homemade mac and cheese and green beans.

Around the house...I spent the entire day planning for the school year. Tomorrow, laundry, grocery shopping and library reserves are on my to-do list. How is it that skipping one day of laundry washing makes me feel behind?

One of my favorite things...researching and planning school, discussing it with my husband and implementing his ideas, teaching my children, starting a new school year. What? Oh, right. ONE thing. Heehee.

Praying for...refreshment as I get to spend some time alone with Eric this weekend.


A verse for you...
"I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you." Psalm 119:11
 
A lyric or two...
 
The touch of His hand will let me know,
He takes me in and lets me go.
If not for love, who would believe?
Thy kingdom come, thy will be done, in you and me.

We're lifted up by angels,
Higher than the world.
Strong enough to leave it,
Bound to learn the secrets,
Angels never heard.
Close enough to heaven,
Far above the rain,
Darkness cannot reach us,
Let the angels teach us,
That only love remains.
We're lifted up by angels.

 
 
 

 
A few plans for this week... planning for school, organizing school supplies and books, supply shopping, packing the kids for a camping retreat, getting the house ready for the school year (i.e. spic-and-span so mama can focus on school 100% next week) and celebrating my mom's birthday.

If you enjoy dwelling on the simple things in life and want to participate in this, CLICK HERE to read all about it and join us! Leave me a comment so I know to check out your blog to see your post!

No comments:

Post a Comment