03 October 2011

The Homeschool Mom's Journal

 
In my life this week...I'm learning humility.

In our homeschool this week...We're doing a study of pre-Civil War slavery in America including our Five in a Row book, Follow the Drinking Gourd, Ava will be learning her last set of subtraction facts, lots of writing activities are planned, and we've moved onto studying mammals in science.

Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share...www.dltk-kids.com is a great website to find craft ideas for toddlers, pre-schoolers and elementary school students.

I am inspired by...scripture.

Places we're going and people we're seeing...We're heading to Zanesville on Friday for a heart procedure my dad is having, and then we have a soup supper on Saturday with our Sunday School class.

One of my favorite things...Monday. It's the day that God reminds me how much I love what I get to do everyday.

What's working/not working for us...We've been trying to have two art lessons per week and two health lessons. This week, we're going for one of each.

Questions/thoughts I have....I've been seeing a lot of bright red lips this fall. I'm talking, 1950s red. Is that the new thing? I think I might want some bright red lips (sometimes my thoughts and questions are deep, and sometimes, they just aren't). ;)

Things I'm working on...pausing, loving, submitting.

I'm cooking...whole wheat pizza to order. Barbecue chicken for the grown-ups, pepperoni for Lukas and mushroom for Ava.

I'm grateful for...forgiveness, mercy, grace.

I'm praying for...financial and job situations.

A quote to share..."It is easier to build stronger children than to repair broken men." Frederick Douglass

Click on the graphic at the beginning of this post to see more posts by homeschool moms.

No comments:

Post a Comment