31 October 2011

The Homeschool Mother's Journal

 
In my life this week...I need to make dental appointments, check-up appointments and reserve library books.

In our homeschool this week...

We finished our marsupial study today by making pouches with joeys in them. Lukas made a red kangaroo, and Ava made a koala. Tomorrow, we'll begin studying birds in science, and I hope to get our bird feeder put up this week (we only use it in fall and winter).
 
Ava is reviewing addition facts. Lukas is 1/4 of the way through his math program as of last Friday. He is thrilled about starting the next quarter.
 
We're reading Miss Rumphius, which is a sweet story that we're already in love with after just one read-aloud. We're doing lots of social studies with this story. 

Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share...Just keep plugging away.

I am inspired by...long-lasting marriages that are actually happy.

Places we're going and people we're seeing...Dad has another medical test this Friday which I'll take him to. The kids will get to hang-out with Nana. On Saturday, Lukas has Upward basketball evaluations.

One of my favorite things...candlelight. It makes everything beautiful.

What's working/not working for us...flying by the seat of my pants. It never works, but it seems to be what we are making work lately. I need to spend some time planning for the next 5 1/2 weeks of school left until our Christmas break.

Questions/thoughts I have...I'm looking for read-aloud ideas that your kids have loved. I have lots of resources, but what are you favorites?

Things I'm working on...necessary confrontation. Or I'm thinking about working on it.

I'm cooking...pasta with turkey, butternut squash and brown butter. Irish soda bread. Apple crisp. Chickpea curry. Egg salad. 
 
I'm reading...back to Made to Crave this week now that the book review I had due on Friday is finished.

I'm grateful for...natural health remedies that don't have side-effects.

I'm praying for...a couple relationships in our lives that are strained.

A photo to share...
 
Click on the graphic at the beginning of this post to see more posts by homeschool moms.

No comments:

Post a Comment