03 December 2011

The Homeschool Mother's Journal


In my life this week…I wish I could tell you what this week was like in words, but I can't even express it. It was...difficult. I'll leave it at that.
In our homeschool this week…School was accomplished. Sort of. Mostly. Lukas is working on converting fractions to decimals, and he has decided this is "easy." Ava is working on subtraction facts. We read some beautiful Christmas picture books this week. Our favorite so far has been The Christmas Miracle of Jonathan Toomey, which I just accidentally discovered is also a movie. I have reserved it at our library, and I'm hoping it becomes available in time to watch it. We also started reading The Best Christmas Pageant Ever. If you haven't read it, do it. Your children will laugh. You will laugh. And laughter? It's good for the body, mind and soul!
I am inspired by…strong people. I wish I was one.
Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…Tomorrow, we're going to church, having lunch with my parents and then going back to church in the evening for the kids' Christmas musical(which they are super excited about). This coming week, we'll be all over town and even have a trip to Columbus on the calendar for Mom's oncologist appointment.
My favorite thing this week was…Today was my favorite. We didn't necessarily do anything extraordinary. We went to the grocery, came home and enjoyed a simple, relaxing brunch, crafted, rehearsed, cut a couple heads of hair and had an overall productive day, but that's not what makes it my favorite. What makes it my favorite thing about this week is that I did all of this with my favorite three people.
What’s working/not working for us…Me + physical therapy = homeschooltastrophe (that's a word from the official homeschooler's dictionary). By this I mean, spending an hour and a half, 3 days a week, at my chiropractor's office greatly benefits my body, but it does not greatly benefit the rhythm of our homeschool. We're bumping back to two days of treatment next week(I do the exercises at home on the days I'm not there), and we're going to afternoon appointments. Let's hope that helps.
Questions/thoughts I have…You don't want to know. Really. You just don't.
Things I’m working on…Yelling. Or not yelling. See my recent Gabby Mom's Review.
I’m reading…The Best Christmas Pageant Ever, Anne of Avonlea (still), Made to Crave, and I'm thinking about starting Little Women this week.
I’m cooking…chicken tetrazzini last night. Tonight? Leftovers.
I’m grateful for…a husband who is a man of integrity, who stands up for what is right even when it is hard, who loves his kids with all his heart and loves me even in my unloveable moments, who chose the rode less traveled, who leads our family toward Jesus a little more everyday. 
I’m praying for…Oh, dear readers, there is so much on our hearts right now. Pray for us. Pray for discernment, peace, and protection.
A photo, video, link, or quote to share…

No comments:

Post a Comment