10 August 2013

Reconnecting

You know those friends you can go ages without seeing, but, when you do get to see them, it's like you never skipped a beat? How blessed are we to know such a feeling! Last week, I had the privilege to spend time with a dear friend of mine. We attended college together, but the last time we saw each other was the summer we got married! We were married in June, and she and her husband married just two months later. They moved to Michigan, and we moved to New York, and that was that. If not for Facebook, we may not have ever reconnected. Social networking certainly has its perks!

Last week Crystal's whole family came to visit us. We had so much fun just catching up and chatting until our eye lids couldn't stay open any longer. The kids played and had a blast together, and I was reminded of just how amazing God is.

Earlier this summer I was feeling like I really needed to make some stronger connections with other women locally. Not only has God pointed out that I have connection here in my community, but God also reminded me of all the amazing, godly friendships I have that have stood the tests of time and distance. How amazing is that? Crystal is certainly one of those friends that I treasure, and I am so grateful that we got to reconnect in person. God knew just what I needed, and He was swift to provide!





No comments:

Post a Comment