16 March 2015

The Simple Woman's Daybook 3/16/15 with NEW Prompts!

For Today... March 16, 2015
Outside my window... Sunshine and warm temperatures have created mud season in Ohio!



I am thinking...about boosting my immune system naturally and creating better health.


I am thankful...for the kind of husband who offers to help before I ask even when it means taking on a very "mom" kind of job, like taking our daughter for her ballet photos.


I am wearing... an old pink and white peasant blouse with gray yoga pants.


I am creating...cleaner, organized, more colorful spaces that speak of "us."


I am going...to help my husband make plans for a beautiful Good Friday service and resurrection celebration weekend!


I am wondering...how to encourage change while honoring the past, how to hold onto tradition while engaging today's culture, all while remembering that it is the difference in our church culture that draws people to Jesus. Authenticity doesn't always look like the culture, but authenticity is attractive.


I am reading...continuing The Bronze Bow with my son, starting On the Shores of Silver Lake with my daughter, reading and studying the book of Acts on my own.


I am hoping...to get the house thoroughly organized, painted, and decorated in the next month.


I am learning...to better understand the evidence for and against macroevolution and how to better defend my point-of-view. Teaching my son's biology course has been very good for me!


In my garden...I'm planning to visit my local greenhouse soon to decide what will go into our front flower bed. Having a garden that only gets morning sun is new for me. Planning herbs for the back patio, and possibly putting tomato plants and sunflowers along the side of the house. It's too early to plant in Ohio, but plans are being made!


In my kitchen...
Italian sausage, sauteed yellow squash, and parsnips cooked in unrefined coconut oil and seasoned with salt, pepper and a little nutmeg.


In the homeschool room...I'm evaluating where we stand on our end of the year goals. I've planned when the end of the school year will be, and today I realized that my daughter is 15 lessons away from completing a year's worth of Intermediate Language Lessons, which means she'll be at least 1/4 of the way through next year's material by the end of May! She's doing so very well with this program!


A favorite quote for today..."The word of God spread like ripples on a pond where, from a single center, each wave touches the next, spreading wider and farther." footnote on Acts 6:7 in my Life Application Bible.


A peek into one of my days...I'm not an artist by any stretch, but I love the creative process. I spent quite a bit of time playing around with this.


One of my favorite things...children hysterically laughing, shouting, chasing, falling in mud, drinking lemonade, and thoroughly exhausting themselves in the outdoors!


From the board room...I'm thinking about making something like this cute wreathe for my front door:

You can also buy one at  
 She has a bunch of beautiful wreathes to choose from


Post Script...I enjoy these Simple Woman posts so much because they require me to think in depth about my week's goals, happenings, progress, and events, which brings me to the point of better planning for our home. If you wish to participate in this simple but powerful weekly blog hop, check out The Simple Woman's Blog. I know you'll be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment