06 November 2006

Update on Us

 The Daily McBlog.  Hmmm... Maybe I should change that title.  Nah.  It's a fun title even if  I am pushing a week since my last entry.  You all know that I mean well, right?

The past week has been a whirlwind for us.  Eric and I had the privilege of ministering musically at a conference over the weekend in Ashtabula, Ohio.  There was snow in Ashtabula, which was fun for us even though we were totally not prepared for it.  I purposefully packed one pair of shoes to go with both outfits that I was wearing, and they were not snow-friendly shoes, but I survived.

We left our kids with Eric's parents, which they loved.  It was the first time that they spent the night with them, and they had a blast.  Ava was a little hesitant at first, but she definitely warmed up to the idea after we were gone and she realized how much fun she was having.

The best part of this conference was that we got to see what my dad does with his ministry.  He's often told us about the different speakers he comes into contact with and the things that they are involved in, but it's very different to see it ourselves.  I won't say that we're going to run out and join them for everything they do at this point, but I learned a lot and was definitely encouraged.  One thing that seemed to be spoken across the board by all the speakers was that Christian children should be educated in Christian schools or homeschools.  Amen to that.  I am so glad that we made this decision, and I don't think that we'll ever regret it for even a moment.

On Sunday morning, Eric had to be at church half an hour early to help out with the children's ministry.  He loved being back in action with the kids, and I am thrilled to see him getting involved again.  He is far too talented to not get involved, in my opinon.  Rob Juillard is our children's pastor at our church, and the two of them seem to be very like-minded in their ministry focus and ideas.  I'm excited for Eric to get to work with Rob.

After church we headed to Eric's parents again for a family dinner.  Eric's second cousins, one of whom was visiting from Colorado, were there for dinner.  I had never met any of these four relatives, and I have heard story after story about them. It was nice to finally put names and faces with those stories.

That brings us to Monday.  Our small group from church met at our house last night, which was so much fun.  It has been forever since we hosted such a large group at our home.  I believe the last time we did something like this was when we lived in NY, so it's definitely been a while.  I can't wait to have everyone over again, and we're planning to do some other entertaining as well.  It feels great to be having a normal life again.

Today was a normal Tuesday.  IT RAINED just like it does every Tuesday.  We did a little school this morning and then headed to our homeschool co-op this afternoon.  It was our last regular meeting until our winter session starts at the end of January.  I having been teaching the 3-5 year olds a drama class.  Basically, we read a children's book each week and then learned something about drama to go along with it.  Today they all got to wear costumes after reading Where the Wild Things Are, which they thought was fabulous (the costumes, that is, not sure about the book). 

I must update you on each of the kids as well while I'm on here.  Lukas is doing well, as usual.  His school work is progressing very well, and we are very proud of him.  He is making all kinds of friends, which is so important for a 5 year old boy.  On Sunday at church, he and Katie Pratt, our pastor's daughter, ran into each other.  By that I mean that they physically ran into each other.  Katie had a little knot on her forhead, but Lukas ended up with a purple bruise on his cheek bone right under his eye.  Other than that, he's doing well!

Ava has grown quite curious about who Jesus is, and we are spending much time trying to help her understand.  On Sunday after church, she asked us if Jesus was a monster!  Of course, we explained that He is wonderful and that He is God.  We also told her that He was right there with her in the car.  I told her that she could even talk to Him.  She responded by shouting, "I can!  I can talk to him?  Where is He?"  I told her again that Jesus was indeed in the car with us and that He is everywhere we go.  In her cutest little voice she said, "Oh!  He's right here in the car.  I can talk to Him, but I can't hear Him."  "You can't?"  Ava finished by saying, "No.  He's just a little shy."  It was too adorable to us, but maybe you had to be there.

Oh...I must not forget that Ava has also learned to hop on one foot.  If you happen to see her any time soon, she will show you that she can do this wonderful, amazing trick.  She shows EVERYBODY she sees that she can hop on one foot.  LOL

So that is what we've been up to lately.  I know this wasn't one of my most interesting posts, but I hope that you found it functional as far as delivering the McEvoy news goes.  I'll try to post again soon.  Maybe tomorrow I'll have free time and feel inspired.

No comments:

Post a Comment