27 December 2006

Holiday Extravaganza!

I first want to start out this entry by saying Merry Christmas to each of you.  I didn't get to post a Merry Christmas blog with all the crazy stuff we had to do.  I hope that you all had a fantastic celebration with friends and family!

We went to church on Sunday and left for my parents' afterward.  (Speaking of church, does anyone know who sings a song that is probably called "Sing Mary Sing"?  Dan?  Anyone?)Not long after getting there, we started to prepare to go to my sister's church for the wedding.  Cassie was already there getting ready, and a couple of friends were helping her.  She looked beautiful, of course.  She decided to buy a wedding gown, and it was gorgeous.  Everyone looked great!

The ceremony was short, but it was well done and very purposeful.  I actually cried when I saw Cass coming down the aisle.  Their pastor spoke about how he wished that more situations like Cassie and Ben's came about.  It was a blessing to all of us to be a part of Cassie and Ben re-marrying after all that they've been through together and apart.  I'm so glad that they are truly a family for the first time in nearly 8 years.  Praise God for working a miracle in their hearts!  If you want to see pics from the wedding, go HERE.

On to Christmas morning...

Lukas tried to wake us at 6:30 on Christmas morning, but I convinced him to sleep for another hour because I knew that Ava would be a bear if we woke her then.  As it was, it took me a good 15 minutes to get her awake when we did get up.  (Ava is very much like Mommy in the morning.) The kids had a fun time opening gifts with us and Nana and Papa.  

We had two favorite moments on Christmas morning.  When we were waiting for Eric to get the tree lit up and our favorite CD playing (Alabama Christmas...go ahead and roll your eyes Stacy ), I asked Lukas what was so special about the day.  He replied in that "Can you be more stupid" voice that kids love to use on their parents, "Mooom, it's Jesus' birthday!"  Yay!  He gets it!

The other favorite moment was when Ava opened her special gift from Papa.  As soon as she saw what was inside the package (play make-up), she said in the cutest voice full of expression, "Ooooh, I tink I'm gonna looove this!"  Absolutely adorable!

We headed to my sister's for Christmas dinner around one.  I got to spend most of the afternoon entertaining little Maia, which was tons of fun!  She and I had deep conversation.  The kids played and the adults visited, and then we headed to Eric's parents for the evening.  Thankfully, both kids slept during the trip to Grandma's house!

The kids got gifts at all three places, and we still have one family gathering to go this Saturday when we will all get more gifts.  I can't believe how much stuff we have already!  I have no idea where we're putting it all!

If you'd like to see pictures of our Christmas celebrations, click HERE.  You'll notice that one of Ava's favorite gifts was a Disney Princess Dress-up Trunk.  She actually wore the Cinderella dress to my sister's on Christmas Day!  Lukas got lots of great gifts as well.  He especially loves his Chia Scooby-Doo.  Yes, you read that correctly.  Grandma bought Lukas a Chia Scooby-Doo, and he loves it!

I hope that you enjoy the pictures and that you each had a Christmas filled with joy and happiness!

No comments:

Post a Comment