30 December 2006

Prayer Request and Saddam

I know it's late, but I have two things that I want to blog about before heading off to bed.  They are totally unrelated topics, as you will see.

1.  Please, please pray for my grandfather.  He is currently in the hospital after passing out during a radiation treatment.  His sugar level had dropped to 37, and they worked all day and are still working to get it to a normal level.  At our last update, the highest they had raised his sugar level was 48.  For those of you who are not familiar with sugar levels, this is very, very bad.  Normally, if a person's sugar drops below 90, the person begins feeling hungry.  A normal range for sugar levels is between 90 and 140.  In addition, Grandpa will be undergoing daily radiation treatments for the next 3 weeks.  Apparently, he has been complaining about pain in his leg for a year, and his local doctor thought nothing of it.  Because of this, by the time they discovered that he has cancer in the bone in his leg, it had progressed to stage 4.  I'm not sure what the radiation treatments are supposed to do for him or what his cancer prognosis is, but if they can't get his sugar levels back to normal, that might not even matter.  He still is not a Christian, so please, please pray.

2.  The world is rejoicing tonight because a man is dead.  I dare say that even Christians are rejoicing.  After all, wasn't he an enemy to everything we stand for?  Truly he was, but all I can focus on is the fact that a man went to hell tonight.  How can anyone be glad that a man is now in hell and will be there forever?  Don't get me wrong, I am not Jesus, and I don't believe that I could ever extend grace to a man like him, but, at the same time, I can't put a smile on my face or rejoice at knowing that a man went to hell today.

No comments:

Post a Comment