02 May 2007

Gardening

Our house has been hopping lately, as usual.  We put in a small garden last weekend and finished planting seeds Tuesday evening.  It seems like we've been doing yard work non-stop for weeks, and there is still more to do.  The yard waste around the garden needs to be bagged, the flower beds need to be mulched (unless we decide to not mulch them this year and save a few bucks), the grass needs to be mowed, and the patio is still a mess.  Amazingly enough, the list of things that I need to do within my house is even longer.  I have to say that I am glad to have a summer break during which I will find my house again amidst the clutter, dust, and homeschool projects (and hopefully, that will happen before the next school year begins in September).
One of the highlights of our past week was having my niece and nephew, Zack and Maia, spend the night last night.  My sister and her husband, Cassie and Ben, needed some time alone, and I was more than grateful to provide it.  I love having her kids here!  We all had a ton of fun!  You can check out pics HERE.
When Cass picked the kids up today, she went out back to check out my garden.  I have to tell you, I was like a kid in a toy store when I realized that my cucumber and squash seeds had sprouted!  I looked closer later and discovered beans and carrots starting to come up as well.  It's my first garden, so I was afraid that nothing would really grow.  Now I just have to manage to keep them alive and well enough to actually produce fruit and veggies!  I'll let you know how that goes later in the summer!
I want to end on this note today...for those of you who know Cassie and Ben (and even for those who don't), please lift them up in prayer.  Their relationship has been through the ringer in the past 9 years.  They re-married this past December, as many of you know, but 4 weeks ago, Ben left again.  He is only home for a visit this weekend, and I have no idea what is going to happen.  Please pray for them if you think of it.  The kids seem to be doing alright, but I know that Zack is having a hard time with this.  Thanks for your prayers, and thanks again for reading my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment