11 September 2007

A Cars Birthday Celebration

I don't know why some moms feel like they have to go above and beyond the call of duty when it comes time to celebrate their child's birthday.  That's what I've always told myself.  I've always thrown parties for my kids, but they've never been big, elaborate extravaganzas.  And the cakes...I have known moms who spend hours and hours slaving over creating a cake masterpiece for their child.  Not me.  That's what I've always said.  Well, not anymore.  I am no one of those moms.
I was up until 2 in the morning decorating Lukas' cake, and then I wasn't even entirely satisfied with it.   I have broken every birthday party rule this year with Lukas, and I am certain that I am going to live to regret this as I will now have to live up to this over-the-top celebration year after year.  Well, maybe not, but I'm sure that both kids will want me to!
On Sunday afternoon, we had a Cars Road Rally in our church parking lot to celebrate Lukas' 6th birthday.  It was so much fun.  I painted faces when the kids arrived (I'm not so great at this, but since the oldest child was 7, I didn't get any complaints).  Eric set up a simple obstacle course, and we had all the kids bring their bikes so that they could ride through the course.  They loved it.  Even the littlest ones took a shot.  We timed all of them and gave out prizes to the three fastest riders.  It was so much fun.  We had planned to do some relay races as well, but they had so much fun with the obstacle course, that we decided to nix the relays.
Lukas was spoiled, of course, with many gifts.  He loved each and every one of them.  He loved having so many of his friends and family there.  I was so glad that so many people could come!  We had 18 kids altogether; the youngest was 13 months and the oldest was 7.
I will post pictures when I have the opportunity to do so. I hope that it will be soon.  Check back in a day or so, and you'll probably have a smilebox link to check out!

No comments:

Post a Comment