20 May 2008

Field Day

Our homeschooling co-op had our second annual field day today.  It was your basic, traditional field day with sack races, tug-o-war, water balloons, and more.  The weather was beautiful, sunny and cool for this time of year.  I had the privilege of chaperoning the 5-6 year old group today, which was fun.  I enjoyed hanging out with Lukas and some of his friends all afternoon.  The kids were great and had a ton of fun. 

Lukas was very excited to come home with two first place ribbons.  The first was for the short dash and the second for the obstacle course.  These were both timed events, so now he thinks he is super-fast.  I don't know about that, but I do know that he and all of the kids showed great sportsmanship today!

Ava came home with three second place ribbons and one first place ribbon.  She is not nearly as competitive as Lukas, so, while she loved showing Daddy and Grandpa her ribbons, she didn't bask in the limelight quite as much as Lukas.  She also had a great time!

I was able to get some great pics, though because I was with Lukas and his class, I have more of him than Ava.  Check them out HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment