03 May 2008

Healing

I was thinking last night as I fell asleep about how much things have changed in my life in the past year, how much God has restored.  The past month has been pretty crazy around here.  We took on too many outside activities, which caused a lot of stress for all of us, but, honestly, mostly me.  There were some other outside issues causing stress too.  I have been out-of-sorts, to say the least.  I am certain that my poor family would agree with this assessment.  Even thought things have been nuts and I haven't been making all the right choices for myself or my family, we're together and pushing through.  That's what we're supposed to do, right?

Last night, however, as I said, I was focusing on how much work God has done in my life and the lives of my husband and children in the past year.  It is nothing short of amazing to me.  As Eric and I bowed our heads to pray together as we do each night, something we had stopped doing years ago and just started renewing in our lives in recent months, I was just struck at the difference in our family life and in our relationship from a year ago.  I don't always share things like this so candidly in my blog, but, hey, why not?  I have a lot to praise God about here, and I want to share it with the world!

I know that healing is a process and it takes time, much more time than I'd like.  I would surely like a quick fix to all my problems.  Wouldn't we all?  It just doesn't work that way.  God has already healed so many wounds in my life that I have no doubt that He will continue healing my heart.  He will be faithful to complete His works in my life and the lives of each of my family members and your life as well.  No matter how dismal things look for you right now, always remember that God is in control and that all you have to do is go to Him.  He'll carry you through.  I promise you that.  He who began a good work in you WILL be faithful to complete it!

No comments:

Post a Comment