14 June 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook #48

Outside my window...the mid-western humidity is planning to haunt us to extremes all summer long. Maybe we should move back to New York. Haha!

I am thinking...  that I have amazing kids. I'm enjoying hearing them play together today.

I am thankful for... my husband and how nurturing he can be when I'm at the end of my rope.
 
I am wearing... denim shorts and a black, sleeveless, button-down top.

I am remembering... peace that passes understanding.

I am creating... summer project plans and a reading list for myself.

I am going... to celebrate lots of different things this weekend.
 
I am reading... .parts of "The Old Schoolhouse" Spring edition.
 
I am hoping... for an emotional boost.
 
On my mind... thoughts of my husband living out his God-given dreams.

From the learning rooms...  factors, reading, piano practice and play-doh.

Noticing that... my children are resilient, beautiful, and I want to be more like them in so many ways.

From the kitchen... Sausage lentil soup. Oh. My. Goodness. I made it last night after searching the internet for a copycat recipe (we've eaten this at Carrabba's in the past). This is one of my best kitchen creations ever!
 
Around the house... I don't even want to think about it. 23 people will be at my house this Sunday afternoon. Enough said.

One of my favorite things... summer relaxation with my family.

Praying for... more than survival.

A Lyric or two...


Jimmy Dean passed away over the weekend. I grew up listening to my dad sing this song. In honor of Jimmy Dean, give a listen to "Big Bad John."



A verse to share... "Jesus wept." John 11:35 (Just as He weeps with us when we are filled with sorrow or pain.)


A few plans for the week... soccer pizza party, fun with friends at Slate Run, lots of cleaning and yard work, Jochen's (nephew) grad party, our kids' baptisms and a Father's Day cook-out at our house.


A picture thought..
 Ava putting her all into her soccer game.
 
Wanna join me and lots of other ladies who do this to? CLICK here to get more info.

1 comment:

  1. Great pic of Ava!!

    I am so sorry that you are having a rough time these days. I feel disconnected since we don't see each other much anymore. :( I can't say I totally understand how you feel since I'm not you and I'm not living with the same circumstances. I wish I could help out in some way. It kills me when friends are hurting and there is nothing I can do. I'm sure you've heard all the answers- we serve a powerful God, this is part of His plan, He's trying to teach you something, and so on. I know when you are in those dark moments all of the well wishes sometimes frustrate more than they help. I've felt in a dark, deep hole a few times (currently in one with a certain situation in my life that will probably NEVER be fixed and I need to just "get over it" but can't... YET) and basically it's just a day by day- moment by moment time. Time moves slower and it takes a lot to just get dressed.

    I'm praying for you. Praying that you will be out of this hole soon. Hugs. And PLEASE let me know if there is anything I can do. Even a day out of your house for the kids to play!!

    ReplyDelete