14 July 2010

3 Blessings #18

I already blogged today, and I was going to skip the 3 Blessings blog for the day, but THIS is the kind of day on which I must search for the blessings. Our basement drain has overflowed twice soaking a ton of laundry, blankets, carpet, etc...with absolutely disgusting sewer water. We had to sort through it at our local over-priced laundromat. I had to come home and disinfect myself (which is when it overflowed the second time completely saturating a good portion of the family room carpet)!!! I woke up super sick because I neglected to take lactaid yesterday. I'm still dealing with a head cold. You get the idea. It has not been a great day. The good news is that even in the midst of a trying day, there are always blessings if you look hard enough for them. God is amazing that way! So here goes. Let's see what I can come up with.

1. All the laundry is clean. That almost never happens.

2. Lactaid can be a life-saver for those of us who are lactose-intolerant when we remember to take it. I am thankful that I can include some healthy dairy in my diet because of it (and next time, I will remember to take it).

3. My kids are so cool. They're watching the old Super Mario Brother's cartoon. It makes me smile.

1 comment:

  1. I'm working on laundry/blankets today too. Thankfully ours was not sewer water, just water from the ground outside. But, I've had tons of blankets/ other laundry to do so that they don't get mold and yuck on them. well, i guess it is a good excuse to finally get all my blankets/winter coats washed. :)

    ReplyDelete