03 September 2006

A Monster Truck Birthday

We celebrated Lukas' 5th birthday today.  His actual birthday is coming up on Wednesday.  We nearly had to cancel the party when both kids ended up with fevers!  As of this morning, Lukas was running a fever of 102 degrees, but the fever broke by mid-morning.  We called everyone to let them know, but most of our family came anyway.  It was such a blessing to have them all here.

The highlight of the party for Lukas was his new bicycle that he received from Grandma and Grandpa McEvoy.  He was definitely ready for a larger bicycle, so this was surely a blessing!  He asked everyone to come out front to watch him ride up and down the sidewalk.  I can't even describe how special it is to be able to share his birthday with family.  All I could do was smile as I watched his aunts, uncles, cousins, and grandparents all watching him ride his new, neon green, Mongoose bike.  Living so far away for so long has definitely taught us to appreciate the closeness of our family.

Another highlight of my day was our church service this morning.  Our church is planting a new church on Grandview Avenue in Columbus.  There was a phenomenal turn-out this morning as both churches were meeting together.  We took communion, which is always a sweet time for me.  I'm excited to see the new church grow and develop in the coming months and years.  I will say that it was odd to be at church without my family.  As soon as I got out of the van, someone stopped me to ask where they were.  Flying solo was definitely a new thing for me.  I don't know any mom who has much time to herself, so being alone was definitely an unusual, but peaceful time for me.

I would like to post pictures of the party, but, from what I can tell, I can only post two pictures at a time on my blog.  I'll leave the school pics on here for a while and post some others another time.  In the meantime, those of you on my mailing list will get some pictures via e-mail.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment