26 July 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook #54

Outside my window...sun shines on many growing green things.

I am thinking...  that this day absolutely has to improve.

I am thankful for... the fundraisers which gave Lukas the opportunity to attend kids' camp this week with our church. It cost us nothing but a little time and effort!
 
I am wearing... old, comfy red shorts with an even more comfy purple tank. No, they don't match, and I don't care because I'm home for the day.

I am remembering... my first time away at camp.

I am creating... beautiful scrapbook pages.

I am going... to relax and enjoy my time alone.

I am reading... .The Old Schoolhouse magazine's most recent edition.
 
I am hoping... that Lukas has an incredible first camp experience.
 
On my mind... loving my husband better.

From the learning rooms...  Lukas is at camp, and Ava is at my parents' house. The main learning room is filled with scrapbooking supplies.

Noticing that... great music and a sweetly scented candle can change the mood of the day.
 
From the kitchen... leftover whole wheat taco pasta, burgers, whole wheat calzones, and a variety of fresh fruits and veggies from the last few days. Here's to thinking ahead and not needing to cook for one!

Around the house... everything is clean other than some clutter spots which I shall choose to ignore for the next couple days.

One of my favorite things... the relationship between my children. Ava cried when Lukas boarded the bus for church camp. She loves her brother so much.
 
Praying for... a fun-filled week of spiritual blessing for Lukas, the same for Eric as he ministers to 10 young boys for the next 4 1/2 days, a sweet time for Ava with her Nana and Papa for the next 2 days, refreshment, peace and rest for me and wisdom to know when to speak and when to listen, when to plant seeds and when to harvest.

A Lyric or two...


Do you wonder why you have to,
feel the things that hurt you,
if there's a God who loves you,
where is He now?

Maybe, there are things you can't see
and all those things are happening
to bring a better ending
some day, some how, you'll see, you'll see

Chorus:
Would dare you, would you dare, to believe,
that you still have a reason to sing,
'cause the pain you've been feeling,
can't compare to the joy that's coming

so hold on, you got to wait for the light
press on, just fight the good fight
because the pain you've been feeling,
it's just the dark before the morning





A verse to share...Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed. Proverbs 16:3


A few plans for the week... I have no specific plan for the next day and a half. After that, I'll be picking up Ava, spending time with one of my dearest friends, taking Ava to a free showing of Wizard of Oz and picking up my boys at the end of the week.

A picture thought...

For more information about giving this a try, CLICK HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment