13 September 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook #61

Outside my window...it is a starry, starry night.

I am thinking...that peace comes through rest.
 
I am thankful for... a husband who helps me to slow down and make the right decisions for our family when I want to rush through and do too much.
 
I am wearing... pink pajamas.
 
I am remembering... the joy of friendship.

I am creating... a household atmosphere which brings glory to the Lord (or I'm trying to).

I am going... to have another great school week with the kids.

I am reading... The Soldier's Lady by Michael Philips, still. It's fantastic, but most of my time has been devoted to other things. (repeat of last week...haha).
 
I am hoping... for great things from the Lord.
 
On my mind... feelings of peace tonight. The Lord is amazing when He gifts me with feelings like this.

From the learning rooms...  .Dinosaurs, math facts, and reading both during the reading lesson and after (which Ava does not prefer).

Noticing that... doing things the Lord's way results in the peaceful feeling I have right now.
 
From the kitchen... sabbath meals. Salmon, potato kugel, green beans, challah and chocolate walnut strudel, roast beef, potatoes, carrots, onions and barley. Zucchini peanut butter chip muffins.

Around the house... the living room is rearranged for the first time in 4.5 years! When we eliminated the dish network a few months ago, it allowed us to move everything around, and I LOVE IT!

One of my favorite things... watching one of my kids really "get" something. Today, sweet Ava truly understood and enjoyed so many parts of our sabbath celebration. It was a joy to watch her excitement!
 
Praying for... continued peace.

A Lyric or two...  
Above all powers,
Above all kings,
Above all nature and all created things.
Above all wisdom and all the ways of man.
You were there before the world began...



 

A verse to share...By the seventh day God had finished the work he had been doing; so on the seventh day he rested from all his work. Genesis 2:2


A few plans for the week... hanging with a friend tomorrow afternoon, a field trip on Thursday and an eye appointment for Dad on Friday.

A picture thought to share with you... 


Eric and Lukas breaking the bread together during our sabbath celebration.

No comments:

Post a Comment