21 September 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook #62

Outside my window...it is soon going to be the first day of fall.

I am thinking...that there is nothing that can make a mother feel loved by her child quite like hearing him pray for her.
 
I am thankful for... understanding.
 
I am wearing... jean shorts and a black tank.
 
I am remembering... friendships past and present.

I am creating... nothing. Sometimes the calendar is just too full for creativity.

I am going... to be a better friend.

I am reading... One Tuesday Morning by Karen Kingsbury because I must love to punish myself.
 
I am hoping... that I haven't messed things up too much.
 
On my mind... a friendship that I think I messed up, but I'm not really sure how.

From the learning rooms...  Noah's ark (including measuring it), light and lots of other things I can't seem to remember right now.

Noticing that... I need a girls' night out....desperately.
 
From the kitchen... crock pot lasagna. I had never made it before, and I'm happy to say it was scrumptious!

Around the house... Messes. Lots of messes. Clutter. School books still on the table. An open desk. And crumbs on the kitchen floor that have been driving me crazy since Sunday. Busy, busy, busy times!

One of my favorite things... snuggles from Ava, hugs offered by surprise from Lukas just because he loves me and embraces from my husband at just the right moment.
 
Praying for... healing for my Dad, direction for Eric's job possibility, a friend far away and a friend near-by.

A Lyric or two...  
Surrounded by Your glory, what will my heart feel?
Will I dance for you Jesus or in awe of you be still?
Will I stand in your presence or to my knees will I fall?
Will I sing hallelujah, will I be able to speak at all?
I can only imagine.




A verse to share... "Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there. If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast." Psalm 139: 7-10


A few plans for the week... a little school, Christmas musicals (plural on purpose) rehearsals, going to hear David Barton speak, and a late celebration of Rosh Hoshana (better late than never, right?).


 

No comments:

Post a Comment