18 October 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook #66

Outside my window...it is beginning to rain.

I am thinking...that you can't always control when someone misunderstands or over-reacts to a simple and kindly spoken word.
 
I am thankful for... supportive friends who show me grace and encourage me in my journey.
 
I am wearing...black sweats with a blue stripe and a blue sweatshirt.
 
I am remembering... marching band competitions on drizzly, cool fall days just like this one.

I am creating...an article.

I am going... to take my Dad to an eye appointment tomorrow.

I am reading... Truman's Aunt Farm by Jama Kim Rattigan.
 
I am hoping... to feel like myself again some day.
 
On my mind... anxiety and how to rely on the Father to help me get it under control.

From the learning rooms...  prime and composite numbers, adding by 2, new blends and sight words, pyramid building using sugar cubes, Sukkoth and swimming.

Noticing that... some of the best family moments happen when you aren't looking for them.
 
From the kitchen... pasta with butternut squash, turkey and browned butter, lemon poppy seed salad dressing, pineapple macadamia stuffing and apple crisp. And no, those things were NOT served together.

Around the house... my kitchen floor needs mopping.

One of my favorite things... listening to Eric teach science (mostly because it means that I don't have to teach my least favorite subject, but also because it provides him with great bonding time with the kids).
 
Praying for... myself. This anxiety issue is overwhelming right now.

A verse to share... Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God, and the peace of God which transcends all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7

A lyric or two...
I cast all my cares upon You.
I lay all of my burdens down at your feet.
And anytime, I don't know just what to do,
I will cast all my cares upon You.

A few plans for the week... Dad's appointment, piano, choir rehearsals, trips to the Y to swim/workout, a party for Lukas and an afternoon to myself when Grandma takes the kids to the zoo!


No comments:

Post a Comment