21 December 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook #74

Outside my window...snow and rain did NOT fall today even though I believed the weather forecast and skipped Ava's dance class last night to finish shopping in order to avoid shopping today (I'm not bitter. Nope. Not at all).

I am thinking...I never want to be the person who gave someone the silent treatment and prevented them from having the opportunity to make amends the way Christ would desire.
 
I am thankful for... singing.
 
I am wearing...purple and cream PJs.
 
I am remembering... lighting lots of candles and listening to Alabama Christmas while decorating the Christmas tree when we were kids.

I am creating...memories.

I am going... to experience Christmas joy through my children.

I am reading... A Christmas Carol by Dickens. I might have some time to devote to it now (no guarantee).
 
I am hoping... to have an amazing Christmas.
 
On my mind... the way the Lord guides us in making mature choices when we rely fully on Him and make Him the Lord of our lives.

From the learning rooms...  baking, giving, crafting, wrapping, singing and playing.

Noticing that... my children may need more activities to keep them occupied and to prevent electronics from taking over their lives while on their school break.
 
From the kitchen... Russian tea cakes, sugar cookies and cinnamon vanilla toasted walnuts.

Around the house...baking, cleaning, wrapping.

One of my favorite things... celebrating special holidays with my family.
 
Praying for... guidance and discernment.

A verse to share...And Mary said: "My soul glorifies the Lord and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior, for he has been mindful of the humble state of his servant. From now on all generations will call me blessed, for the Mighty One has done great things for me- holy is his name. Luke 1:46-49
A lyric or two... 
Breath of heaven, hold me together,
Be forever near me, breath of heaven.
Breath of heaven, lighten my darkness,
Pour over me your holiness, for You are holy
Breath of heaven.

A Picture thought... 



This is from the ornament set we purchased as our souvenir on our first family trip to Disney World.


A few plans for this week...baking, grocery shopping, wrapping gifts, Christmas Eve service, a Christmas Eve party with friends and CHRISTMAS!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment