25 February 2011

Encouraging Moments

 
When Mom says come,
I jump and run.
I don't ask why,
And I don't cry.
I smile and say,
Yes, Mom, okay.

Is this not completely adorable? Don't you just love it? I do. I would have enjoyed teaching this little rhyme to my kids when they were pre-schoolers. What a great, simple way to teach the meaning of Godly obedience. I don't know about your kids, but, even though my kids are now 9 and 7, they haven't completely mastered this concept of biblical obedience yet, so they'll be copying this during our school time on Monday.

Where did I find this little tidbit of wisdom? Encouraging Moments e-newsletter, a weekly newsletter sent directly to your in-box from the publishers of Eternal Encouragement Magazine.


As a homemaker and mom, I am always seeking out ways to be an encouragement to others. I'm certain this is because I need so much encouragement for myself. After all, God created us to be in relationships with each other because he gifted us all differently. If I need to be blessed, challenged or reminded that other wives and moms face the same things that I face, then I can only expect that other women need the same thing.

Encouraging Moments e-newsletter is an easy way to get a weekly dose of the kind of Godly wisdom and encouragement that moms like me are looking for. The newsletter is brief and requires only a few moments of your time, just like the name suggests, but you get so much from those few well-spent minutes.

The weekly newsletter begins with an uplifting and spiritually challenging note from Lorrie Flem, the creator of Eternal Encouragement (previously entitled TEACH Magazine). Lorrie is a gifted writer and speaker and has written countless articles that have blessed me time and again. Even her Facebook posts are thought provoking! God has blessed her with Godly wisdom and inspired her to share it with other wives and moms. I am so glad that He did!

My favorite quote from Lorrie's brief but moving introduction to last week's newsletter actually came from Lorrie's mom in reference to the Bible. "Either sin will keep you from this book, or this book will keep you from sin." I found this simple quote to be so filled with wisdom that I am posting it where my family can see it along with a photo of a Bible! I always find something that I love within anything published by Eternal Encouragement!

The poem which I quoted at the beginning of this review came from my favorite part of the newsletter, "Chick Flicks for Mom"

Isn't that a clever name? It caught my attention, and I had to check it out. These videos are short clips, maybe 3 or 4 minutes long, in which Lorrie gives you words of wisdom on things like parenting, serving the Lord, homemaking, and marriage. Lorrie is brief, witty and warm, and you'll love hearing what she has to say! The only catch is that, after watching one Chick Flick, you may be tempted to go back and listen to another...and another...and another. I was!

"Encouraging Moments" is an e-newsletter that I actually want to read, that I am now looking forward to receiving each Thursday. Besides what I've already mentioned, you'll also find articles by other Eternal Encouragement authors, information about upcoming events, snippets from the week's Facebook posts, TEACH Magazine's store discounts and more! It's completely worth the price. FREE!!!! That's right, it's completely, totally 100% FREE! So what can you lose from checking it out? All you have to do is go to www.homemakingwithteach.com and sign-up!

If you want to get more opinions on "Encouraging Moments," click over to the GABBY MOMS website to see what other Gabby Moms have to say about it. There are 60 of us, and you may just find more than a review or two to read. You may find a fellow mom with whom your heart resonates! 

I am reviewing Encouraging Moments as an official member of The Gabby Moms blogging program for Eternal Encouragement magazine.  I did not receive compensation for this post and all opinions are solely my own.

8 comments:

  1. I also loved that obedience rhyme, I didnt think to use copywork to help the older kids learn it, good idea! Your kids are beautiful! Love your blog design too :0)

    Beth ~ Fellow Gabby Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute idea to start off with a example of what "jumped" out at you in the newsletter!
    fellow Gabby Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the rhyme as well. Great review and thanks for stopping by my blog!
    Tina
    Gabby mom friend
    www.tina.thejobes.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really liked the Chick Flicks videos, too! Nice review.

    Julieanne (fellow Gabby Mom)
    http://www.JoyInOurJourney.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blog is sooo cute :) Nice review too!
    Carie (another Gabby Mom)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Review.. very Gabby and informative!! :O)
    Katie from Misadventures Of A Family Of 8

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a great idea to use the poem as copywork. I need to file that away for future use. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Copywork! Brilliant! I love it!

    Nice review!

    MacKenzie
    Head Mama

    ReplyDelete