03 May 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook #87

Outside my window...the temperatures are dropping. Boo.

I am thinking...about Lukas and what he needs from me right now. Moving is hard.
 
I am thankful for... the time I have recently been able to spend with my mom.
 
I am wearing...brown yoga pants, tan top.
 
I am remembering...how hard it can be to make new friends when you are 7 or 9.

I am creating...lesson plans.

I am going... to get very, very tired of driving to Columbus this month.

I am reading...The Silver Chair. Or I will be tomorrow. ;)
 
I am hoping... to find the right church for our family.
 
On my mind... figuring out the best way to help my children settle into their new community...very soon.

From the learning rooms... Mephibosheth, challenging division, subtraction by 9, Bible quizzing review, more Narnia because it rocks, reading a 1930s reader that Ava loves and art (because I promised).

Noticing that...portable DVD players allow grown-ups to have incredible, meaningful talks during long car rides.
 
From the kitchen...I made lasagna over the weekend. Other than that, nothing extraordinary has taken place in my kitchen in recent weeks.

Around the house...More carpets to clean and boxes to unpack upstairs (after the carpets are cleaned) and the downstairs needs a fresh mopping.

One of my favorite things... relaxed movie nights with my three favorite people. It's been too long.
 
Praying for...a new church home, the hearts of my kiddos.
 
A verse to share..."As surely as I live," declares the Sovereign Lord, "I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked but rather that they turn from their ways and live." Ezekiel 33:11

A few plans for this week... cleaning, laundry, a Dogwood Festival concert or two and another trip to Columbus for a kids ensemble performance.

If you enjoy dwelling on the simple things in life and want to participate in this, CLICK HERE to read all about it and join us! Leave me a comment so I know to check out your blog to see your post!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing that Bible verse. Really something to think about now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Moving IS hard! And so is finding a church, settling into a community, and making new friends. And so is watching your kids struggle with changes. I've been there, and I feel for you.

    ReplyDelete