13 June 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook #90

Outside my window...birds are chirping as they are enjoying this beautiful 75 degree day as much as we are!

I am thinking...that the Holy Spirit is here in every moment. My God isn't a swooping-in-at-the-last-minute kind of God. He is always with me. If He wasn't, I know I wouldn't be here either.
 
I am thankful for... REMISSION. It's the best word you can hear after months of thinking about stage 4 cancer?
 
I am wearing...navy capris and a brown polo and grass stained bare feet from walking in the cool grass at the park.
 
I am remembering...the feeling in my gut when I realized just how sick Dad was last week.

I am creating...hair accessories.

I am going... nowhere tomorrow. That's right. My kids and I need a day at home. 

I am reading...The Revolt of 2020 by Dr. Patrick Johnston.
 
I am hoping... for continued healing for both of my parents.
 
On my mind... something someone said to me that they shouldn't have. Something no one should say to someone, especially someone they love. I can't get it out of my head. Some people just don't think about how much their words and actions can deeply wound another person.

From the learning rooms... math. I can't even remember what we're working on, but I know we're going to keep going with math this week. Ava should read something too, and maybe we'll finally get around to signing up for the library summer reading program.

Noticing that...my children are two of the most amazing people I know.
 
From the kitchen...pork fried rice (which is not really fried, for the record).

Around the house...three rooms need to be swept and mopped and there is more laundry than I care to think about after not having time to wash anything last week.

One of my favorite things... Ava's enthusiasm.
 
Praying for...provision, abundance and prosperity.
 
A verse to share..."See now that I myself am He! There is no God besides me. I put to death and I bring to life, I have wounded and I will heal, and no one can deliver out of my hand." Deuteronomy 32:39
 
A few plans for this week... catching up on laundry and cleaning, taking Dad to a doctor's appointment, grocery shopping w/Mom and whatever else finds us and requires our attention.
 
A picture thought...
 
Squash growing in our very tiny garden. This was a few weeks ago. It's getting huge now!

If you enjoy dwelling on the simple things in life and want to participate in this, CLICK HERE to read all about it and join us! Leave me a comment so I know to check out your blog to see your post!

No comments:

Post a Comment