19 July 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook #93

Outside my window...we are having stereotypical thick, very hot, super humid weather.

I am thinking...about connecting.
 
I am thankful for...this morning when I had time at home alone to work on a project I haven't been able to attend to.

I am wearing...brown shorts, tan tank.
 
I am remembering...the smell of river mud after a storm.

I am creating...a warmer atmosphere in our home.

I am going...to enjoy the little things. 

I am reading...Anne of Green Gables (still).
 
I am hoping... that Lukas passes Level E tomorrow at swimming lessons. He is SO frustrated.
 
On my mind...fortitude.

From the learning rooms... diligence, fortitude, gentleness, grace, kindness.

Noticing that...we haven't had a family portrait taken in nearly 4 years. I think it might be time for a new one. 
 
From the kitchen...Mexican quinoa salad, BBQ chicken, grilled zucchini.

Around the house...the house is looking like we live here. The main floor has all of our photos and decor displayed.

One of my favorite things... Lukas' nose.
 
Praying for..Provision. Unity.
A lyric or two...
I lost my keys in the great unknown,
And you call me please?
'Cuz I can't find my phone.
This is the stuff that drives me crazy.
This is the stuff that's getting to me lately.
In the middle of my little mess,
I forget how big I'm blessed.
This is the stuff that gets under my skin
But I've gotta trust you know exactly what you're doin'
It might not be what I'd choose,
But this is the stuff you use.


A picture thought... 




A few plans for this week... swimming lessons, Ohio Chautauqua, VBS, chemo, a couple doctor's appointments, dinner with the pastor at the church we've been attending and a visit from my mother-in-law. Can you say busy???


If you enjoy dwelling on the simple things in life and want to participate in this, CLICK HERE to read all about it and join us! Leave me a comment so I know to check out your blog to see your post!

1 comment:

  1. My girls and I love that song and (loudly) sing along with it whenever we hear it on the radio. Such a great song!

    ReplyDelete