26 July 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook #94


Outside my window...there are bugs, and they have eaten me alive.

I am thinking...about new habits that I want to establish.
 
I am thankful for...the voice of the Holy Spirit.

I am wearing...an old paisley tank that I like to sleep in and shorts.
 
I am remembering...the last time Eric and I went away together alone. It was over THREE years ago. THREE. YEARS.

I am creating...activities to keep Ava busy tomorrow.

I am going...to play in a flute ensemble this weekend

I am reading...Above Rubies magazine. It just came today. LOVE it!
 
I am hoping...Dad's health continues to improve.

On my mind...financial stress.

From the learning rooms... the Civil War, tea parties, baking and showing respect to others.

Noticing that...leaving Lukas at camp was easier than expected, but I am missing him more this year. 
 
From the kitchen...broccoli ham and cheese soup, tossed salad and freshly baked oat bread.

Around the house...lots of from scratch cooking and baking and not much else the past couple days.

One of my favorite things...speaking in horrible British accents while having tea parties with Ava.
 
Praying for...Lukas to have a blast at camp with his Grove City friends, to grow closer to Jesus and to not get too homesick.

A lyric or two...This is an old school song in a newer arrangement. I closely listened to the words yesterday and found a new love for this song!!! Check it out! My favorite part is in bold print toward the bottom.

Are you living in an old man's rubble
Are you listenin' to the father of lies


Are you walking' with unnecessary burdens
Are you trying to take them upon yourself
If you are then you're living in bondage
And you know that's bad for your spiritual health


Are you trying to live by your emotions
Are you puttin' your faith in what you feel and see
Then you're living just to satisfy your passions
And you better be careful, 'cause you're being deceived


[Chorus 2x]
Are you living in an old man's rubble
Are you listenin' to the father of lies
If you are then you're headed for trouble
If you listen too long, you'll eventually die


Are you puzzled by the way that you're behavin'
Do you wonder why you do the things you do
Are you troubled by your lack of resistance
Do you feel that something's got a hold on you


Well deep within' you there's a spiritual battle
There's a voice of the darkness and a voice of the light
And just by listening you've made a decision
'Cause the voice you hear is gonna' win the fight


[Chorus]


But if you're living as a new creation
If you're listening to the Father of light
Then you're living in a mighty fortress
And you're gonna' be clothed in power and might!!!!!!



A picture thought...
 Lukas and his buddy getting settled into their cabin at camp.

A few plans for this week... hanging out with Ava, flute ensemble rehearsal and picking up Lukas from camp.




If you enjoy dwelling on the simple things in life and want to participate in this, CLICK HERE to read all about it and join us! Leave me a comment so I know to check out your blog to see your post!

No comments:

Post a Comment