25 August 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook #98

Outside my window...is me. I'm sitting on my front porch enjoying the warmth of summer while my sweet daughter tries to climb a tree using 25 year old jump ropes.

I am thinking...about boundaries and how proper ones can make your heart ache a little
.

I am thankful for...my husband who is striving to be like Jesus.

I am wearing...yellow t-shirt and old, navy capris.
 
I am remembering...the look on her face when she said all those things that she would never have thought if she really cared to know.

I am creating...lesson plans!!!

I am going...to get so much done between now and our first day of school (if I write it down, maybe it will actually get accomplished). 

I am reading...Above Rubies articles that reaffirm my mission in life.

I am hoping...for the hearts of those I love most to heal.

On my mind...judgment. For some people, it is easier to hold onto their judgment of you than it is to really get to know you and to find out who you really are. It's sad.

From the learning rooms...
planning, planning, planning! And vision therapy.

Noticing that...negative situations can often be the catalyst we need to create a positive outcome. 

From the kitchen...chicken and shallots, garlic roasted potatoes and yellow squash.

Around the house...laundry, pedicures, baking and time with each kid all to myself. Lukas yesterday and Ava today.

One of my favorite things...small town life.

Praying for...the math curriculum I bought on ebay to arrive ASAP. I changed my ebay address FOUR times, and it still went to our old address somehow. PLEASE pray with us about this!!!


A verse for you..."But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen and protect you from the evil one." II Thessalonians 3:3
 
A few plans for this week... lots of cleaning, organizing and planning.


If you enjoy dwelling on the simple things in life and want to participate in this, CLICK HERE to read all about it and join us! Leave me a comment so I know to check out your blog to see your post!

No comments:

Post a Comment