14 September 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook #101

Outside my window...the temperature is dropping.

I am thinking...about ways in which the church divides families.

I am thankful for...our school routine.

I am wearing...black skort, orange top.
 
I am remembering...playing great flute music.
I am hearing...Bach's Brandenburg Concert #5. 

I am creating...a chart to encourage Ava to have a better attitude during her reading lesson.

I am going...to find time to do more than two loads of laundry tomorrow(update: I did 3 on Tuesday and 2 today). 

I am reading...The Silver Chair (we took a break for a few months from the Narnia series, and now we're finishing it).

I am hoping...to enjoy some time with my dad tomorrow.

On my mind...how to create a more peaceful home atmosphere.

From the learning rooms...taxonomy, subtraction, properly formed letters and When I Was Young in the Mountains.

Noticing that...I might be a little busy. I started this post on Monday, and I'm finishing it on Wednesday. 

From the kitchen...corn salad and grilled steak.

Around the house...just the basic stuff this week. Laundry. Cooking. School.

One of my favorite things...being a homeschooling mom. There's nothing like teaching your own kids.

Praying for...Eric's appointments to follow through for work.

A verse for you...Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. Colossians 3:13
A lyric or two...

In the presence of Jehovah,
God almighty, Prince of Peace.
Troubles vanish. Hearts are mended.
In the presence of the King.


A few plans for this week...two appointments with Dad tomorrow, grocery shopping and a bonfire with our new homeschooling group.

If you enjoy dwelling on the simple things in life and want to participate in this, CLICK HERE to read all about it and join us! Leave me a comment so I know to check out your blog to see your post!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE In The Presence! We do that one a church! Great worship music! Just a word of encouragement...the laundry never goes away. But I did make it easier on myself...each of my kids started at 8,10,14 has a day of the week to do their own laundry. A great "home economics" type class... It has been working now for 5 years...even my son. Hope the rest of your week goes well.

    ReplyDelete