17 October 2011

The Homeschool Mother's Journal

  The Homeschool Mother's Journal
In my life this week...A new, earlier morning routine is starting so that Daddy can join us for our morning Bible lesson. By the end of this week, I will most likely be thoroughly pooped.

In our homeschool this week...We're studying mammals. Today we wrapped up a couple lessons on primates and covered some apologetics concerning evolution that really interested Lukas(You know he's interested when he shares the info with Daddy over dinner). We'll start aquatic animals on Wednesday. We're reading Harold and the Purple Crayon for Five in a Row and will do a couple art lessons with it. Ava did some cooking today. We made pumpkin crumb cake (thanks to pinterest). Lukas will be doing lots of writing this week.

I am inspired by...this season of my life. God is teaching me so much.

Places we're going and people we're seeing...We're off to Hilliard tomorrow for vision therapy. Two trips to church this week, one for KidStuff and one for Christmas choir rehearsal. 

One of my favorite things...The Fall Foliage tour we took yesterday. It was nothing like I imagined, and we had so much fun enjoying God's creation as a family.

What's working/not working for us...We're using Our 24 Family Ways for our evening Bible teaching time with the kids, and I'm using the Bible verses and family way as copy work each week. We're also memorizing the verses, and Lukas uses the verse for dictation as well. It is helping so much to build character in our kids, and they're hiding so much of the Word in their hearts!

Questions/thoughts I have...Don't you think it's amazing how God uses autumn, the death of so many things, to show us that there is beauty even in death? And, think about it... Those trees aren't dead. They just appear to be, just like we just appear to be dead when our earthly bodies die. This is the beauty of this season for me.

Things I'm working on...using words that edify rather than hurt.

I'm cooking...pork sirloin, dressing and cabbage with pumpkin crumb cake for dessert. I also made chocolate peanut butter granola bars today.

I'm reading...Welcome Home, Daddy, Traditional Values for Modern Mothers by Lorrie Flem(a review will be coming for Gabby Moms).

I'm grateful for...the way God is stretching and growing us and teaching us to trust.

I'm praying for...financial and job situations.

A photo to share...
 
 
Click on the graphic at the beginning of this post to see more posts by homeschool moms.

No comments:

Post a Comment