31 January 2012

Serenity for Your Soul: A Gabby Moms Review

"Suzy Homemaker is a myth of the world. Every day you will face something that you know you can't do. That's when you want to dive right in with the strength of the One who invented womanhood. Only then can you let Him do what you can't." Lorrie Flem, posted in Serenity for Your Soul

Take a moment to breathe in that breath of fresh air. Isn't it nice? Refreshing?

I read that quote a couple weeks ago when I received my Serenity for Your Soul newsletter, and my mind immediately recognized it as truth that I needed to hear, truth that most homemakers need to hear. In fact, I dare say I need to be reminded of this truth all the time because I am too often tempted to aim for the unrealistic perfection of Suzy Homemaker, which always leaves me feeling like a failure, and that is not what God wants for me or for you. Thank you, Lorrie, for reminding me of this wonderful truth!

This kind of truth as well as encouraging articles, humorous little quips, quotes, occasional recipes, and even a link to "Chick Flicks for Moms" (which you will love) could be coming to your inbox once each week, and it is completely FREE!!! I've been receiving this newsletter, Serenity for Your Soul, for quite a while, and I love it! 

I've subscribed to other newsletters before, and I always end up canceling them, but not this one. I look forward to reading it, and I am always encouraged by it. It takes less than 10 minutes to read, so it isn't time consuming, which is exactly what a homemaker needs, but it is rich with content. I always come away from reading it feeling like I received something great. This little newsletter written by Lorrie Flem of Eternal Encouragment is always overflowing with wisdom, virtue, encouragement, truth and the lovely, gentle manner in which Lorrie writes her Biblical words of encouragement for all homemakers like me.

This evening as I was working on vision therapy exercises with my son, I was able to use a story that Lorrie shared in that same weekly issue of the newsletter.  We often quote Philippians 4:13 (I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.)during eye therapy sessions because it is pretty hard work. Tonight, I shared a story with Lukas which Lorrie had shared in a recent issue of the newsletter about an Olympic diver who relied on the truth in that same verse and was able to achieve a gold medal in spite of difficult circumstances. Lukas' eyes lit up with excitement, and he dug into the task at hand with vigor. Serenity for Your Soul may be for YOUR soul, mama, but you'll find little jewels to strengthen those you love also!

You can sign up for Serenity for Your Soul by going to www.eternalencouragement.com and scrolling down just a little. You'll see a box that says, "Sign Up For Our Newsletter." If you sign up right now, they'll also send you a free e-book called Organizing Happiness. That sounds great, doesn't it? I don't know anyone who couldn't use a little more happiness. I also highly recommend that you explore the Eternal Encouragement website a little while you're there. You'll find that it is overflowing with wonderfulness (I'm sure that's a word, right?).

This post was written in accordance with the Gabby Moms program. I was in no way compensated for this review.


5 comments:

  1. Wonderful how you could encourage your son also with what you read. That's what it's all about, sharing with our loved ones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! You've written a very, very nice review. I feel the same way you do - how Lorrie's encouragement is always so timely for me. Lovely story about sharing with your son what you've read and how it encouraged him, too. Take care. By the way, I'm not your blog follower. Hope you'll do the same for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how Lorrie's encouragements are always exactly what I need to hear, when I need to hear it! :)

    Laurie, a fellow Gabby Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Visiting from Gabby Moms! Great review. I would love to hear more about your son's vision therapy. Had to do that with my son last year, and didn't know anyone else that had done it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer, I would love to chat with you about it. You can message me on Facebook, or I think you can access my email through my blog profile. If you can't find me either way, leave me another comment and I'll see what I can do!

      Delete