24 August 2012

Frankenstein Scars

I want to be more like my little girl. She played outdoors most of the day today. Her hair was messy. She wore a bright pink t-shirt with glittery ballet slippers on the front, green capri-length scrub pants that belong to a nurse's costume she got when she was 4, and black riding boots that come to her knees. She didn't have a care in the world, and she certainly was unconcerned with her personal appearance. She went on a bike ride around the neighborhood in that outfit. I'm sure, if I had asked, she would have gone anywhere with me today without giving her outfit a second thought.

And then there's me. The girl who had surgery on her head yesterday leaving two Frankenstein scars that look...well...gross. Icky. Disgusting. Ugly.

To read the rest of this post, head over to THE INTENTIONAL JOURNEY, a cooperative blog for which I am honored to write, where you will find encouragement and tales of the ups and downs of the journey on which we find ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment