13 August 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook: It's Been a While!

FOR TODAY

Outside my window... The sky is overcast, and everything looks a little sad.

I am thinking... that mornings should not start with arguing and fussing over chores that should have been completed the night before.

I am thankful... for friendships that have stood the test of time.

In the kitchen... a new oatmeal recipe that was not a hit this morning. Maybe breakfast for dinner, bacon and eggs, or maybe chicken a la king and toast points.

I am wearing... gray capri length yoga pants and my favorite paisley pajama tank top because I only felt like getting half dressed this morning.

I am creating...a list of intended curriculum for this school year because our homeschooling notification is due next week.

I am going... to reclaim this day for good in spite of a rocky morning.

I am wondering... how women ever managed to raise children with absentee husbands/fathers, either absent physically or emotionally.

I am reading... Good Stuff: A Reminiscence of my Father, Cary Grant; Lies Women Believe

I am hoping... that uncertain events that are coming up in our lives turn out the way we desire. God has a plan for us, for good things!

I am learning... that when an adult does something really, really wrong, the ricochet effect of that person's consequences can be crushing for the innocent people surrounding him, especially when those people being harmed are children and grandchildren whose perspective of that person will be forever altered.

Around the house... there are little messes everywhere that need to be remedied, floors needing to be cleaned, laundry needing to be folded, dusting needing to be accomplished, children needing to be loved.

I am pondering... how in the world I'm going to be both mentally and physically ready to begin our upcoming school year.

One of my favorite things... a perfect cup of steaming hot tea.

A few plans: chemotherapy for Mom, vision therapy check-up for Ava, wrapping up my book study of Lies Women Believe with some great ladies from church, enjoying my children for what is left of the summer before we begin a different kind of enjoyment when our school year begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment