10 October 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook

Outside my window... cars are whizzing by our house oblivious to my presence just on the other side of my living room window.

I am thinking... about how nice it is to breathe freely. No, really. I.can't.breathe.

I am thankful for... Redemption. TRUTH. Freedom. Deliverance. Safety. Unity. My husband. My kids. The feeling of walking on clouds as if you haven't a care in the world. Free professional photo shoots. Saturday afternoons spent with my mom just because. Homeschooling. Confirmation of my calling.

From the kitchen... Roasted pork chops seasoned with sage, baked sweet potatoes, and corn.Perfect fall meal.

I am wearing... my fluffy, warm, pink robe and cozy slipper socks.

I am creating...fall crafts with my kids. We made a super easy autumn leaf banner with leaf rubbings. It looks fantastic!

I am going...to enjoy this fall and holiday season more than I have in years.

I am reading...Sarah's Key. It took me about 35 pages to be hooked on this one, but now I'm enjoying it. It takes place in France, both modern day and during WW2. I'm learning a lot, and not all of it is the kind of stuff you want to learn but must. 

I am hoping...that my story shows Jesus to other people.

I am looking forward to...Christmas. Seriously. I haven't looked forward to Christmas this much in years. I could squeal!

I am hearing...children hushing each other to sleep, cars whizzing by, the furnace kicking on.

One of my favorite things...being with my family. Last week out of the blue, Lukas said, "Our family is so funny." Yes, yes, we are secretly hilarious. Not only that, but these three people that I love the most are fun to be with. We are so blessed!

Praying for...family members who are facing drastic changes in their lives and difficult circumstances. Healing, peace, reconciliation that only God can orchestrate.

A Lyric or Two..  
 
Take these hands and lift them up,
For I have not the strength to praise you near enough.
For I have nothing; 
I am nothing without you.
 
Take my voice and pour it out,
Let us sing the songs of mercy I have found.
For I have nothing; 
I am nothing without You.
 
All my soul needs,
Is all Your love to cover me.
So all the world will see,
That I am nothing without You.
 
Take my body and build it up,
May it be broken as an offering of love.
For I have nothing; 
I am nothing without You.
 
All my soul needs,
Is all Your love to cover me.
So all the world will see,
That I am nothing without You.
 
With all my heart!
With all my soul!
With all my mind!
With all the strength that I can find!
 
Take my time here on this earth,
Let it glorify all that You are worth.
I am nothing. I am nothing,
without You.
 

A verse to share... "
He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty" Psalm 91:1.



A picture thought...




A few plans for the rest of the week...Homeschool Phys Ed, worship team rehearsal, soccer, making/freezing tomato sauce, freezing peppers, playing flute for offertory on Sunday, and squeezing in  some rest so that I start feeling better.

No comments:

Post a Comment