22 March 2013

Sharing Grace

I have no time for writing a blog post this morning, but I find myself compelled to do it anyway. When my Father blesses me, I want to tell you about it. I want to tell all sorts of people about it. Don't you think more people should do so? Why are we so forward in sharing prayer requests and so relaxed about sharing praise? It is as if we are telling the world, "Shower me with attention for my troubles," and forgetting that, even in trouble, there is blessing. God carries us through it all, and we should share it all.

A few years ago, this topic came up during a discussion with a group of friends. I didn't necessarily agree completely with the person telling me that I was quite the doomsday bearer that she seemed to think I was (she wasn't merely pointing the finger at me, I should say, but the group of friends in general), but, instead of arguing the point, I took it as a challenge. Focus on the good. Share your blessings. Why hold back when God is showering you with grace? Big and small! Does grace ever come in a small package? It's all big enough to share. Tell all! Praise God for all things. Praise Him in the good and the bad. 

Today I read this...

"It is suffering that has the realest possibility to bear down and deliver grace. And grace that chooses to bear the cross of suffering overcomes that suffering."

Ann Voskamp

324. Prayers with Eric over the phone
329. The knowing of true friendship
331. Knowing the feeling of missing my weekly phone chat with the sister I love
338. The smell of cinnamon wafting from the oven
345. Meeting with Jesus in a perfectly planned worship service
346. Flutists playing Daddy's song
353. Sincerest "thank yous" from grateful kids
358. Mama's Bible. Her handwriting
364. "I will not leave you as orphans. I will come to you. " John 14:18
369. The privilege of praying for a friend

No comments:

Post a Comment