30 September 2006

Lazy Day

It is so extremely rare for us to have a lazy day, but today was that day for the kids and I.  Eric worked today because he's taking Monday off, so we missed him, but we still had a nice, lazy day.  We watched entirely too much television, ate junk food, and, most importantly, cuddled all day.  I can't remember the last time we did something like this, and it was so nice.  Everyone needs a break now and then.

I'm feeling so refreshed because of this.  My recommendation to all of you reading this is that you take a lazy day as well.  Our pastor is doing a series on how to reduce stress, and one of the things he suggested was making sure that you have a regularly established day of rest.  Sunday is ideal, of course, but it worked out to be today for us.  When we miss our day of rest, we feel it for the entire week, so I truly do recommend that you try establishing a day of rest.  Besides being Biblical, it just plain feels good.  And you don't have to feel guilty about it because it is Biblical!  Don't let the world push you into being too busy.  Trust God to help you get everything done, and rest once in a while.

If God created the entire world in 6 days, then I think I should be able to meet all my responsibilities in 6 days as well.  What I'm doing doesn't compare to creating an entire universe.

So...go from here and get some much needed R&R.

No comments:

Post a Comment