03 October 2006

Our Day at the Fair

Yesterday was a fabulous day for us to attend the Coshocton County Fair.  It is one of the oldest fairs in the state of Ohio, and it is a big deal where I grew up.  (Seriously, there was no school yesterday or today in the entire county.)  It is a grand, old-fashioned event that everyone attends.

This is the first time I have been able to go to the fair since 1994.  We always lived out-of-state, so it was never really an option.  I know it may sound silly to some people, but it was such a sweet thing to be able to share this part of my childhood with my husband and children.  I have so many wonderful memories of days spent at the fair.

The kids had a great time on rides, playing games, visiting animal barns, and more.  Zackery, my nephew, went with us for the day.  Eric had a good time, and the fair was everything I remembered it being.  The sights, sounds, and smells haven't changed.  I can't tell you how nostalgic it was for me to be there!

The greatest part of the day was seeing all the familiar faces.  I saw people who I haven't seen in 10 or 12 years.  It was so fun to catch up with some of them and introduce my family to them.  

All in all, we had a great day at the fair.  I can't wait to go again next year, and I think the rest of my family is on board with that idea as well. 

I made a smilebox of our day for all of you to enjoy.  Here is the link:

No comments:

Post a Comment