29 October 2006

Accomplishment

You know that feeling you get when you have finished a task?  The feeling of great accomplishment.  Joy.  Elation.  Relief.  Peace.  That is what I am feeling at this very moment.  I finally finished editing a book for my dad.  My deadline was approaching faster than I wanted it to, so I pushed to get it done this weekend.  I am so glad that I did.  My Monday is going to be so much better because of it.  My entire week is going to be better because of this.

Finishing a task is a wonderful feeling.  I am not a procrastinator by practice.  I love to complete a project because of this feeling, but this particular task took me so much longer than it normally would have. 

Getting into the homeschooling groove has been a challenge for me.  I don't like mornings.  I think that daylight savings time stinks.  I would much rather have that extra hour of daylight in the evening than have the sun peak through my curtains earlier than I would like.  School really only takes a couple hours out of my day, but the planning and preparation take a little longer, and then I have to squeeze in doing the laundry, picking up the house, scrubbing the bathroom, etc...  My kitchen floor is disgusting right now.

So....For tonight I will bask in the delight of having finished a major project, and tomorrow, I have a pretty good list of projects to attack in all my "spare" time.  I guess I can look forward to having this feeling all over again.

I am off to a hot bath of bubbles and a good book!


No comments:

Post a Comment