30 January 2007

Busy Times

It has been a few days since I've written anything, so I figure I should come up with something.  We've been busy here in the McEvoy family.  Eric has been working a lot of hours towards a major deadline at work tomorrow.  The kids have had a difficult time adjusting to him being gone so much, but we're managing.  Lukas understands that the deadline is tomorrow and that Eric will have a little break from the super long hours after that.  Since he realized that there is a "light at the end of the tunnel," his behavior has been much better.  Towards the end of last week, I was pulling my hair out!

On another topic...The other day in the car, the kids wanted to listen to Ava's favorite CD, which is Jana Alayra's Jump Into the Light.  She loves, loves, loves this CD.  Her favorite song to sing during our family devotions each night is the title song, Jump Into the Light, which would be fine if it weren't for the fact that we're usually trying to move them towards being calm, quiet, and sleepy during devotions rather than jumping around like crazy kids.  We sing it anyway though.

Anyway, my point in mentioning this is that we were listening to the CD in the car when Ava suddenly burst out in the cutest little astonished sounding voice, "They are singing about myyyy Jesus."  Adorable.  Sweet.  I love it when kids do or say things like this.  It was just too cute.

In other news, our homeschool co-op started our winter session today.  We just met for dessert, a meeting, and registration today.  Last session, I kind of felt like I didn't really connect too much with anyone, so I'm hoping to make some better connections this time.  I did get to talk to a few of the other moms today, which was nice.  My kids love going.  They were actually disappointed that they didn't have their classes or much playtime today with their friends.  

Another note about our co-op...I volunteered to teach a Community Helpers class to the 3-5 year olds.  Both of my kids are in that class, and I didn't like some of the other options too well, so I volunteered.  Last session, I had 6 kids in this class, all boys.  This session I am going to have 12 kids in this class, which isn't too bad really.  BUT...the only girl is going to be Ava.  Seriously.  11 boys ages 3-5 all running around in a small space, some still needing assistance in the potty, some who can't sit still if their lives depended on it, some who are quiet and shy, some who are rambunctious (Lukas is in this category), etc...  Pray for me!  I have to say that I am thankful that I found out that I will have 2 helpers instead of 1, which will be a big blessing.  I'm looking forward to the class.  My kids are going to love it, and I think the other kids will also.

A lot of people ask me about our homeschool group and how it works, so maybe this blog entry will give you a better idea.  If you want to learn more about it, visit the Home on the Rock website, which is the name of the organization that our group, which is called Jasper, is a part of.  It is a great organization.  I'm so glad to be a part of it!  I'm always willing to answer questions too.  I remember being curious about homeschooling and thinking that anyone who did it had to be a freak.  Well, I'm one of those freaks now, so feel free to ask anything!  

Until next time!  Have a great week my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment